Dillon leads Miners to win
Mingo Central pounds Sissonville
Karrie On Rescue
MCRA gets updates
- Family says missing man inMcDowell mine pronounced dead - 5:03 pm
- GOP, Dem nominees for West Virginia gov speak at conference - 4:42 pm
- MCHS student attends Entrepreneurship Summit - 3:14 pm
- Drug arrest made in Ben Creek - 12:03 pm
- Karrie On Rescue - 2:30 pm
- MCRA gets updates - 11:25 am
- Burch PK-8 - 9:45 pm updated: 9:45 pm.
- Mingo BOE personnel decisions - 3:45 pm
- Gilbert miner killed in Wyoming co - 9:44 am
- Cole commits, Justice ponders debates - 9:10 am
- Mingo has new flood plain maps - 8:15 am updated: 8:15 am.
- Alpha emerges from bankruptcy - 11:30 am
- Officials discuss Twin Branch drag strip - 10:31 am
- Bible Devotions - 10:29 am
- Parents arrested for child’s death - 6:25 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:47 pm
- Local “Custom” Secret - 10:58 am
- 4 Huff Employees Retire - 9:06 am
- Landau concert scheduled for Aug. 12 - 12:35 am
- Jerry West hopes his collection motivates others - 12:35 pm
- Harless Center Summer Activities - 12:30 pm
- BOE rejects policy revisions - 3:26 pm
- BOE Transportation Department update - 2:30 pm
- Grand jury indictments - 9:15 am
- Local Police Beat - 2:28 pm updated: 2:28 pm.
- Local residents graduate from WVU School of Pharmacy - 11:42 am
- Frankiely Speaking about Art - 11:02 am
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Opens This Thursday - 10:10 am
- Bill to legalize marijuana in W.Va. introduced - 8:56 am
- Simon digs Appalachian History - 3:20 pm
- Motive in Ben Hatfield murder released - 2:00 pm updated: 2:00 pm.
- Arriaga pleads not guilty - 1:55 pm
- RNC: Star power at convention - 11:42 am updated: 6:40 pm.
- Family Life - 11:22 am
- Tug Valley Chamber elects new officers - 6:50 am
- James H. “Buck” Harless Memorial Business Scholarship - 7:00 pm updated: 7:00 pm.
- Kendra Mahon joins Civitas Media - 11:30 am updated: 11:30 am.
- Hatfield McCoy Regional Recreation Authority receives grant funding - 10:24 am
- Hotly contested Mingo Primary - 11:10 pm
- Nonpartisan election results - 8:48 pm
- Farley and Grace win BOE race - 8:45 pm updated: 8:45 pm.
- Court rejects Blankenship’s bid to remain free during appeal - 3:35 pm
- Bark for Life - 10:06 am
- Trump bristles at Cruz-Kasich collaboration - 9:49 am
- Gilkerson named Hometown Hero - 4:39 pm
- Two arrested for auto theft - 3:45 pm
- Letter to the Editor - 1:46 pm
- Local man serves the country - 12:34 pm
- BOE personnel decisions - 11:11 am
- Pipestem stuns JDCA - 9:36 am
Cole commits, Justice ponders debates
By Pamela PrittFor the WVPABECKLEY, W.Va. — Sen. Bill Cole, the Republican nominee for governor has committed to two debates with Democratic opp...
Mingo has new flood plain maps
WILLIAMSON – There are now new flood plain maps for Mingo County and there have been changes.According to Amanda Starr, of the Mingo County Floo...
Alpha emerges from bankruptcy
BRISTOL, Va. – Alpha Natural Resources and its affiliates announced that the Company has today successfully emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy p...
Officials discuss Twin Branch drag strip
WILLIAMSON - Leasha Johnson, Director of the Mingo County Redevelopment Authority, officiated at a meeting last Thursday to finalize the details of th...
A violent storm appears out of nowhere in the middle of the Sea of Galilee. Sailors battle to gain control of the boat as the waves toss them around l...
Parents arrested for child’s death
LOGAN, W.Va. — More than half a year has passed since the Thanksgiving 2015 death of a four year old girl from Omar, W.Va., and, as a result of ...
Mountaineer recruiting news; Kevin White injured again
It appears that West Virginia may still have a shot at landing in-state talent Derrek Pitts of South Charleston.Metro News Sports said that the Rivals...
Howard TD pass lifts West Virginia over Kansas State 17-16
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — Skyler Howard was waiting for something good to happen to West Virginia’s offense.That occurred in the fourth qua...
Pitt holds off rally, tops Marshall 43-27
PITTSBURGH (AP) — A once seemingly insurmountable four-touchdown lead gone against resilient Marshall on Saturday night, Pittsburgh could have p...
TVBA Fish Trap Tournament results
GRAPEVINE, Ky. — On September 18th the Tug Valley Bass Anglers held its seventh tournament of the 2016 season on Fishtrap Lake. 28 anglers compe...
What’s in a number ?
What’s in a number? If you are a sports fan there are probably a lot of numbers that have special meaning to you.I guess I’m a sports nerd...
Jackson, No. 3 Cardinals too hot for Herd
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) — No. 3 Louisville rocketed into the top 10 after pounding No. 13 Florida State and has a much-anticipated clash at No. 5...
A Bible Story
It was my turn to teach children’s church on Sunday. I love doing lessons about the seasons. Kids need to know that seasons don’t just hap...
Janets Appalachian Kitchen
With the hot days of Summer upon us, it is nice to fix something for lunch or supper that you don’t have to heat up the stove or oven for. Summe...
Stories from VBS
We just finished Vacation Bible School and are super-pooped. (That’s BEYOND tired.) It was crazy! It was awesome! We had the best time!Years ago...
Bathing Suit Blues
By Dawn ReedGuest ColumnistI’ve been gaining weight, much to my frustration. As vacation drew near, I exercised more and drank more water. I add...
I tan’t! – Family Life
By Dawn ReedGuest ColumnistWe were building arks with funky shapes that had interlocking pieces. The pieces and the two- and three-year olds were scat...
Janet’s Appalachian Recipes
By Janet CrowGuest ColumnistAs a child, one of my fondest memories is that of me helping my Grandmothers when they would bake cakes. They baked all ki...
Jeremy Dillon enrolls at Mingo Central
Jeremy Dillon, a two–time all-state selection in both football and basketball has enrolled at Mingo Central High School.The 6-foot-5 Dillon enro...
The Ultimate Vacation
By Ralph and Elizabeth PyskowskiGuest ColumnistsEvery year, an important decision must be made about a vacation destination. Will it be a cruise to th...
Mingo Central sports complex needs to be finished
Mingo Central High School will soon begin its sixth year as a consolidated institution of learning. However, the state-of-the-art complex promised to ...
Farewell to Facebook
I do not know exactly why I decided to quit. Maybe I was tired of mindless scrolling, attention seeking selfies, political memes and photos of what pe...
Clinton lied; she should be charged
I normally don’t like to get into national political discussions in my local column. However, the situation with Democratic Presidential candida...
Veterans deserve a VA that works for them
By Rep. Evan JenkinsAs your voice in Congress, I hear frequently from veterans in need of help cutting through red tape and navigating the Veterans Af...